The call for short works of fiction for the digital anthology Temporal Discombobulations has now closed. Details of the CFS are included below for information only. Those selected for the anthology have been informed. Any queries should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* * *
Temporal Discombobulations calls for original contemporary fiction that pays homage to the Gothic with ‘time’ as the theme.
The Gothic experience is one founded in time. A past that will not or cannot die, multiple presents that can never resolved, or infinite futures that can never be realized, the Gothic speaks of a temporal excess that refuses to be contained.
Time is one of the fundamental concepts by which we relate to ourselves, to others, and to the spaces we inhabit. It is both endless and infinite; it is a finite resource, constantly slipping away and being renewed.
This anthology is in conjunction with the ‘Temporal Discombobulations: Time and the Experience of the Gothic’ conference at the University of Surrey from 22-24 August 2016, and we are accepting submissions for short fiction from new writers, scholars, and seasoned authors.
• 15 February 2016
• Prose 3000 words (max)
• Poetry 20 lines (max)
• Flash Fiction 500 words (max)
• email@example.com by pasting your work into the body of the email (please do not send attachments).
• Please include your full name, title of the piece, and phone number above the fiction.
• Please write ‘Fiction Submission’ in the subject line of the email.
• Only one piece accepted for submission per entrant.
• Work submitted must not have been published online or in print.
• All work will be double-blind vetted.
• Those selected will be notified by 15 March.
• All work chosen to be included in the anthology may be edited for publication.
• Authors will retain the copyright of all work published by Temporal Discombobulations.
• 22 August 2016